Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Raw-ish Agave Vanilla Coconut Macaroons

Ingredients:
4 Cups Shredded Coconut (unsweetened)
2 Cups Almond Flour/Meal
1 Cup Volcanic Blue Agave Nectar
2/3 Cup Coconut Oil
1/2 Tablespoon Mexican Vanilla
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

Directions:

Combine the shredded coconut and almond flour (dry) in a large bowl.
Mix Volcanic Nectar, coconut oil, Mexican vanilla and salt (wet) in
another bowl. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and
mix completely. Let it sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to let
the wet ingredients soak into the dry ingredients. Use a small scoop
to form the macaroons. Place on broiling pan so moisture can drain out.

Set Dehydrator to 105 F for 8 hours.

~ Or ~

Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 20 minutes.

~ Or ~

Place on broiling pan in oven at 170 F for 2 hours.

**I actually turned the oven up to 200 F and let it go longer than 2 hrs. It is still going and I'm thinking of turning it up again to toast the outside, but the warm sample I just had was fantastic! I don't know if they get less crumbly as the cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment